- The Mithraeum was built around 240 AD on the east bank of the Wallbrook stream.
- It may have been rededicated to Bacchus in the mid 4th century.
- The stone foundations found in 1954 were badly reconstructed in Queen Victoria Street, not their original location.
- In 2012, these stones were dug up. They will be relocated closer to the site where they were found, which will be in the new Bloomberg building, scheduled to open in 2018.
Finds from the Mithras Temple that can be seen in the Museum of London:
- Marble head of Mithras, 180-220 AD
- Marble head of Minerva, 130-90 AD
- Marble head of Serapis, 2nd/early 3rd century
- Marble group of Mercury, 2nd century
- Marble River God, mid-2nd century
- Marble Roman God (genius), 2nd century
- Tauroctony (Mithras bull-slaying scene), late 2nd/early 3rd century